Our Story

How it all started...

The church was founded in 1850, however in 1844 under the direction of Elder T.M. Vance the Baptist Church of Little Prairie was organized.  The congregation of Missionary Baptists and Primitive Baptists met together in homes of various members and then in the newly constructed church building.  
In 1879, the Primitive Baptists withdrew to organize their own church so the current church name changed to The Dahlgren Baptist Church.
In 1915, the church voted to build a new building in the location it currently holds today. at the North West corner of 4th & Main Streets in the village of Dahlgren, Illinois.  Over the years, many rooms and spaces were added on to the original structure and things modernized to keep up with need.  God has blessed this church and this church has been faithful through good and bad times.  All for His glory!

Expanding the vision...

With the most recent improvements of internet capability, and upgraded sound system, the ministries of DBC are utilizing these to further the Gospel in ways our forefathers never imagined...

Where we are headed...

We have set our sights on sending our message worldwide through use of the internet.  We have begun broadcasting the Pastor's messages on Facebook and as our technology expands, we intend to be a church for all regions, not just the local area!  The World is our mission field and we intend to share the Gospel to reach the Lost before Christ's return.  

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 9:30 am and 11 am.